- UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMME (B.Sc)
Subject to the candidate satisfying the University minimum entrance requirements, there are four modes of entry into the programme:
(a) SSS Certificate Admission:
For a candidate who has successfully completed the Senior Secondary School Education of the 6-3-3-4 system or its equivalent with credit in Mathematics, English Language, Physics and any two other two subjects. Normal Admission should be through acceptable pass at the Entrance Examination organized by JAMB. Candidates so admitted commence at the 100-level of the programme.
(b) O-Level Admission:
A candidate from either the old secondary school system or NECO must have 5 credit passes at O-Level or its equivalent in Mathematics, English Language, Physics and any other two subjects. Such a candidate will commence at 100-leveel of the programme after obtaining acceptable score in the UME.
(c) A-Level Admission:
A candidate who fulfills SSSC or O-level admission requirements and who has obtained GCE A-level, HSC or equivalent passes in Mathematics and Physics, or Mathematics or Physics and any other subjects will be admitted at the 200-level of the programme. Such a candidate may take relevant courses to make up for any deficiencies in his/her academic background.
(d) ND Admission:
A candidate who fulfills the conditions for admission (a or b above) and who holds National Diploma (N.D) certificate in Architectural Technology or Building Technology at credit level may be considered for special admission into the programme at 200-level that is Direct Entry). Such candidate may take relevant courses to make up for deficiencies found in his/her academic background.
- POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMME (PGD, MS.C, M.ARCH, PHD)
The following may qualify for admission into:
- For Postgraduate Diploma Programme (PGD):
Holders of B.Sc (Architecture) Third Class Honours of the University of Nigeria or other recognized Universities.
- For Master of Science (M.Sc Architecture) Programme:
- Graduates of the University of Nigeria or other recognized Universities who have obtained the degree of B.Sc (Architecture) with at least Second Class Honours, Lower Division.
- Holders of PGD in Architecture of the University of Nigeria with a minimum GPA of 3.5 minimum on the 5-point scale.
- For Master of Architecture (M.Arch) Programme:
Graduates of the University of Nigeria or other recognized Universities who have obtained any of the following degrees:
- M. Sc Architecture with a minimum mode of study of 1/3 by research and 2/3 bycoursework.
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch):
For either of the above, a minimum GPA of 3.50 on a 5-point scale or 3.00 on a 4-point scale is required.
- For Doctor of PhilosoPHY (Ph.D) Programme:
Graduates of the University of Nigeria or other recognized Universities who have obtained the degree of:
- Master of Science in Architecture (M.Sc) with a minimum mode of study of 2/3 by research and 1/3 by coursework.
- Master of Architecture (M. Arch) with a minimum mode of study of 2/3 by research and 1/3 by coursework or its equivalent
In each case, a minimum GPA of 3.50 on a 5-point scale (or 3.00 on a 4-point scale), is required.
- For M. Sc/Ph.D OR M.Arch/Ph.D:
Graduates of the University of Nigeria or other recognized Universities who have obtained the degrees of Master of Science (M.Sc) in Architecture or Master of Architecture (M.Arch) without the 2/3 research content and whose GPA is at least 3.50 on a 5-point scale. Such candidates will be required to enroll for the M.Sc/Ph.D or M.Arch/Ph.D to enable them make up for their research deficiency. The candidate so admitted will be required to write an examinable dissertation during the first two semesters of his/her study and obtain at least a grade of “B” before proceeding to the Ph.D programme.